WCD of Andaman and Nicobar – Women and Child Development Dept. Govt. of Port Blair
WCD of Andaman and Nicobar – Women and Child Development Dept. Govt. of Port Blair | News & Updates | Government of India. Ministry of Women and Child Development … Seventeenlakh only) to the Government of Andaman & Nicobar Islands (UT) Widow Pension, Day Care Centre, TCPC Scheme, Working Women. Hostel … ICDS Project Rangat, Middle Andaman
Ministry of Women and Child Development is headed by Hon’ble Minister Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani, Minister of State Sushri Debasree Chaudhuri and Shri Rabindra Panwar is the Secretary of the Ministry of Women and Child Development.The activities of the Ministry are undertaken through seven bureaux.The Ministry has 6 autonomous organisations viz.
- A National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development (NIPCCD)
- National Commission for women (NCW)
- National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR)
- Central Adoption Resource Agency (CARA)
- Central Social Welfare Board (CSWB)
- Rashtriya Mahila Kosh (RMK)
working under its aegis. NIPCCD and RMK are societies registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860. CSWB is a charitable company registered under section 25 of the Indian Companies Act, 1956. These organisations are fully funded by the Govt. of India and they assist the Department in its functions including implementation of some programmes/schemes.
National Commission for Women was constituted as a national apex statutory body in 1992 for protecting and safeguarding the rights of women. Protection of Child Rights which is a national level apex statutory body constituted in the March 2007 for protecting and safe guarding the rights of children.
Subjects Allocated to the Ministry
- Welfare of the family.
- Women and Child Welfare and Coordination of activities of other Ministries and Organisation in connection with this subject.
- References from the United Nations Organizations relating to traffic in Women and Children
- National Nutrition Policy, national Plan of Action for Nutrition and National Nutrition Mission.
- Charitable and religious endowments pertaining to subjects allocated to this Department
- Promotion and development of voluntary effort on the subjects allocated to this Department
- Implementation of –
- Immoral Traffic in Women and Girl Act. 1956 (as amended upto 1986).
- The Indecent Representation of Women (Prevention) Act, 1986 (60 of 1986).
- The Dowry Prohibition Act. 1961 (28 of 1961)
- The Commission of Sati (Prevention) Act, 1987 (3 of 1988), excluding the administration of criminal justice in regard to offences under these Acts.
- Implementation of the Infant Milk Substitutes, Feeding Bottles and Infant Food (Regulation of Production, Supply and Distribution) Act, 1992 (41 of 1992).
- Coordination of activities of Cooperative for Assistance and Relief Everywhere (CARE)
- Planning, Research, Evaluation, Monitoring, Project Formulations, Statistics and Training relating to the welfare and development of women and children, including development of gender sensitive data base.
- United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
- Central Social Welfare Board
- Food and Nutrition Board
- Food and Nutrition Board (FNB)
- Development and popularization of subsidiary and protective foods.
- Nutrition extension.
Women’s Empowerment and Gender Equity.
- National Commission for Women.
- Rashtriya Mahila Kosh (RMK)
- The Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2000 (56 of 2000).
- Probation of Juvenile offenders.
- Issues relating to adoption, Central Adoption Resource Agency and Child Help Line (Childline)
- The Children Act, 1960 (60 of 1960)
- The Child Marriage – Restraint Act, 1929 (19 of 1929)
Conclusion of World Girls Portal – Celebrity – Women – Actress – Fashion – Life Style | HD Wallpaper – Photo Gallery Latest News & Updates
if you need anything else, or have inquiries, questions you would love us to answer, kindly use the comment box below to reach us. We’ll be updating this page with more updated World Girls Portal Latest News & Update.
You are reading this article via “World Girls Portal“, thank you very much for reading our article. Friends If you liked this article, please share it with your friends.